dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is the problem ...

What is the problem ...

... when my web site is visited thru FireFox or Opera, some of the links do not work

Specifically, when visitors using FireFox or Opera go to http://www.wegotmorestuff.com/custom.em?pid=222602 and try to play the wind chime sounds, they get a new browser window with what appears to be some sort of "scrambled code" rather than having the sound play.

Is this because these two browsers are not set up to support Media Player (for which the server sound files are set up) or is it something in my code that causes the browsers to "misread" the page/links?

Any help and/or advise is greatly appreciated. (And I already know all about tables and CSS. I'm still in the learning process and as soon as I get the pages rebuilt with CSS, I will replace them.)

Thanks.

You may want to check this out. Seems like it may be an issue with the server thinking it is text? If I right click and save target as in Firefox I can play it after I download it. You might have to put up a notice for Firefox users.

Anthony
    Last edited by phunk311; 05-05-2005 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks, Anthony. That is a big help. I'll shoot a note off to my server right away.

wouldn´t it be simplier to make it an EMBED src? Just press play and it will play instantly. Alot easier than to have downloading every sound....

but I guess if you have alot of them it will slow the pageload.

I still would suggest a small sample of max 1 minute as for the embed src and an alternative to download the whole file

Thread Information