dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A question about DNS

A question about DNS

I am buyging a domain form speedydomainregistration which is only $8.75 and accepts payment using paypal.

on the last step there is a field for DNS information and it says: "DNS Info
    NS1.DEPENDABLEWEBHOST.COM and NS1.G7S.NET if you're hosting with us."

default values are:
    ns1.dependablewebhost.com and
    ns1.g7s.net and there is an empty field.

I have a web space and domain name at the moment and I want to change the name. What do I put in the field?

Do I have to put the name server for my host? Do I delete this default values or just add mine to the next field? can I change them later?

You can change them anytime. You need to put the nameservers for the current host of your web space that you want the domain to point to.

Thanks for replay.

Do I need to make any change at Cpanel?

No, you don't. When registering the domain name, you're just telling the registrar what nameserver to use when a request for that domain name comes in, that's all. The nameserver is typically the nameserver of your web hosting provider. The only thing you need to do other than that is make sure your web hosting provider knows that you've added a domain and it is pointing to their DNS servers (typically taken care of when you set up hosting and they ask you what domain you want hosting for).

Thread Information