www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Got my first client...please help?

Got my first client...please help?

Hi,

I've just got my first customer, things are going ok but my main problem is hosting.

I would like set up the website with a one off payment and be done with it.

I dont want to keep paying fees annually just to host the website, do you know how I can go about this?

Thanks in advance

I don't know of any hosting companies that allow such a payment method. Most only have monthly or annually schemes. Unless, of coarse, you get your own server to host your client's Web Sites.

You can, however, have the money taken directly from your (or your client's) credit card each month/year.

Regards.

If you do not want to be responsible for the domain name or hosting, refer the clients to the hosting provider so they can pay for the hosting themselves. Might not be as professional. Depends on your current relationship with the client.

Thanks for the replies.

Do you know of any free webspace with asp/php/coldfusion?

I could then point the domain name to this, therefore the only ongoing cost would be to renew the domain name every year or two, which I would be prepared to do.

That will look pretty unprofessional. There are going to be ongoing costs like this in any business. If you really don't want to handle hosting (I don't), I suggest you develop a relationship with an existing host and arrange to have all your clients referred to them.

Regards.

let them know that you do the design and development but they need to get their own hosting provider. if you want to do a good job in your recommendations of hosting make sure you have done your homework and you can present a proposal of why you have recommended that hosting provider or providers from them to choose from. There are referral programs you can join when you refer clients to them for hosting and domain names.

some of the sites offer free hosting with every domain purchased or renewed. Maybe u can try that option

Thread Information