www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which pages to submit?

Which pages to submit?

Hi,

I have always simply submitted my index.html, does anyone know if it is legitimate/acceptable to submit each page of a site ?

Thanks.

Ray

No, it is not acceptable, because a search engine crawls (or spiders) your web site. You need only input the base URL of your site, and the search engine will index the main file, and every file that you link to on your site from that file, thus eliminating the necessity of submitting every page manually.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

What Jona said. The best thing you can do for your SE rankings is make your page as spider friendly as possible. You'll get good organic rankings with a little patience.

Thanks, what I thought.

Thanks guys,that is just what I had believed and understood, but I had read something that suggested I should submit each page, which confused me a little.

Thanks again for clarification, very much appreciate your help.

Ray

never submit your pages. always optimize your site, validate ur code and the search engines will suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by smoker
    Thanks guys,that is just what I had believed and understood, but I had read something that suggested I should submit each page, which confused me a little.

Thanks again for clarification, very much appreciate your help.

Ray
    Although nobody exactly knows the secret of search engines but I guess it wouldn't help for the reason that in most cases you don't even need to submit your site to get indexed and if you don't have any link pointing to your site submitting the site wouldn't help much.
    G - M - B - E - P

You can submit your every page to google. But you can only submit index page to Yahoo.
    It depends on type of search engines . For more info see my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelystar
    You can submit your every page to google. But you can only submit index page to Yahoo.
    It depends on type of search engines . For more info see my signature.

I beg to differ. when u submit to the majors u are placed on a waiting list to be crawled. coding correctly, getting backlinks to high PR pages and optimizing pages is much faster then submitting to search engines. u should only submit to directories.

The best way of submit to google is to submit a "map page" which have a link to every page of you site.

Thread Information