Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: where is the solution

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005

    where is the solution

    Hi Everybody

    I just subscribe to this list. I am not a programmer but I enjoy all
    Internet technologies. My interest is to adapt scripts, interfaces for
    the service of translators and terminologist.

    Here is my problem.

    I wrote that page
    which contains three iframes.

    The first iframe contains a search engine by default.
    The purpose of the page is to target linked documents found by the
    search engine from the iframe 1 (top one) to the iframe 2 (the middle
    one) and the linked documents from the iframe 2 to the iframe 3 (the
    bottom one).
    NOTE : my english is not so good, please feel free to ask me more

    I dont know the solution of the problem. The page does not work
    actually. I used the target function in the codes. Is there a way to
    interact with URLs dynamically generated by a search engine? How can I
    attribute the target function to thsoe URLs? Do I need a javacsript?

    Any help would be really appreciated

    Best regards, Yvan Cloutier

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Jerryville, Tejas
    That's not the way target works. This kind of thing is best done on the server but if you HAVE to do it on the client then you could try Inner Browsing or Ajax .
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
HTML5 Development Center