dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is the best way to sell a domain name?

What is the best way to sell a domain name?

I have several domain names that I would like to try to sell. Most are localized names for localized businesses in the US, such as directory names and real estate names for various large city areas. I can host them myself, park them somewhere or whatever. Sale or lease would work, I guess. Suggestions?

There is sedo and afternic, the big domain reseller marketplaces or you could try domain forums such as DNForum or NamePros.

I agree with what Drop Catcher suggested, but honestly the best place I've found is either through my contact list of people I know in various industries, OR through less known or utilized message boards (topical). For me the main domain forums are more of a place to get to know people and chit chat -- pure domainers from what I've seen so far on those forums are pretty 'low ballish' for my tastes.

Very good suggestions Sean, it is always better and more profitable if you can find an end-user for your domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Catcher
    ...and more profitable if you can find an end-user for your domains.
    I forgot to mention 'the' most profitable way to get a domain sold. Make sure your whois contact info is up to date. The highest price I've ever gotten for a domain (31k) was for one where the buyer initiated contact and interest.

And it didn't fall in the pure 'domain' category. It was a slightly developed site with age and some decent PR.

Thread Information