www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Drop down menu without javascript

Drop down menu without javascript

Hello !
    I'm sure this must have been discussed already, but...
    Is there ANY way to make a drop-down menu without ANY javascript ? ( I know javascript had to be used all the time because of the stupid IE and the :hover property, but... maybe someone has found a workaround by now ??? )
    I'm designing a javascript-free and cookie-free alternate website, so I need to have something that will be cross-browser comptabile, AND nice to look at...
    The actual javascript + cookie friendly page is here :
    website
    I would like to achieve the same kind of thing, but without any javascript...
    Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!
    Ness

Quote Originally Posted by Ness_du_Frat
    Hello !
    I'm sure this must have been discussed already, but...
    Is there ANY way to make a drop-down menu without ANY javascript ? ( I know javascript had to be used all the time because of the stupid IE and the :hover property, but... maybe someone has found a workaround by now ??? )
    I'm designing a javascript-free and cookie-free alternate website, so I need to have something that will be cross-browser comptabile, AND nice to look at...
    The actual javascript + cookie friendly page is here :
    website
    I would like to achieve the same kind of thing, but without any javascript...
    Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!
    Ness
    Guess you could create a Flash menu. Not really helpful if you are looking to make a site for simple browsers.

yeah, not the best solution
    From what I saw so far, every single guy claiming he has made a javascript-free menu has some little paragraph at the end telling us that it's only a tiny bit of javascript, really really tiny, just to make it work in IE... lol !
    Considering that about 75% of the people using my site are IE users, and that at least three of them have inactivated javascript, mmmm... not really a good solution...
    I guess I'll make some simple html/css thing, and use php to include the different ones on the page...

Well, good luck with that one.

Thread Information