www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why the search engines don't want to show my site ?

Hybrid View

why the search engines don't want to show my site ?

Hello !!!
    I've had a website for about one and a half year, and what i don't understand, is that even after google and yahoo referencing, and even with the metas, my website is always lagging behing other websites who talks about MY website ?
    This is really annoying, because If I type "Enfants de l'" in google, I'll get two pages of people talking about my website, and even webdevelopers entries where I mention my website, and my poor little website ( http://enfantsdelo.free.fr, title : Les Enfants de l' ) is lagging behind everything else...
    Even my test server gets better rankings...
    Why is that so ???

Here is my metas :
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <meta name="author" Content="Vanessa du Frat">
    <meta name="description" Content="Les Enfants de l'&Ocirc; est un roman d'anticipation, diffus&eacute; en ligne">
    <meta name="Keywords" content="enfants, Tio, Tia, anticipation, g&eacute;n&eacute;tique, futur, Enfants de l'&Ocirc;, art, dessins, fiction, psychophage, jumeaux, roman, psychom&ocirc;a, Psychomoa, enfants de l'o, ness, vanessa du frat, ness du frat">
    I have the same problem with my other website, Le Sang des Miroirs, which isn't displayed at all.

I don't have any forbidden content, my website is cross-browser compatible, I don't have any "under construction" pages, I have valid css and html, I don't have things that are not accessible, so... why is my site avoided by this stupid google search engine ?????

If you have any advice, I would be eternally gratefull, as I'm currently trying to get better known, and it's really annoying when people type in the name of your book ( it's a website about my book ) and recieve like 10 posts for webdevelopers.com, 10 entries from friends talking about my book, at least two or three entries from my test server ( which doesn't have any meta, and whose name is psychomoa.free.fr, no real link, I guess,,, ), and finally, my poor website among the last entries...

Thanks !!!
    Ness

only had a quick look but...
    search engines do not like frames / iframes.

i would use change your site to use css instead.
    this will greatly improve your rankings.

yeah, but what I'm wondering, is that my test server has frames, too, and it still has a better ranking than my website.
    Is there anything I can add to make the search engines and robots come to my website ?
    ( a new version without any frames is in preparation... )

meta tags will not help your ranking with google ( google doesnt use them apart from the description meta).
    the only other thing i can suggest is getting sites of similar content to link to your site.
    and sort out the css.

sort out the css ?
    What do you mean ?
    ( oh, I think I know... The new site is very different, really cool css, no frames ( except an iframe but I'm working on it to provide a javascript-free, cookie-free, iframe-free alternate site ), but it's still in the test phase. )
    But, on my index page, what keeps google from coming and checking it ?

My website is about my book, which I'm publishing online. I have some people who have linked my site, but it's difficult, because you don't have a lot of people publishing books online...
    So google doesn't even use the meta ? And I was so carefully doing all of them, in each of my sites...

these other websites that you are lagging behind.. do they use frames.
    im not an expert on search engines but a site that uses frames would always lag behind one that doesnt.
    i honestly think that is where your problem lies.

meta tag can be useful for other search engines but not google

sorry i cant be more help. but change your site to use css not frames and im sure youll see abig difference.

thanks.. I'm actually in the process of doing that...
    The other websites ? Hmmm... most of them are webdev entries I made about my site...
    Some are Livejournal entries...
    My test server is ranked before my actual website, and it's full of frames, too... ( but iframe, and not frames... could it be that ? )
    Anyway, you're right about the frames, and I'm actually finding alternate solutions for that...
    thanks a lot for your help !!!

not sure how different google treats iframes and frames... :/

welcome to the wonderful world of search engines..

thanks a lot ! I learnt of lot of things from your page and your replies !!! I didn't even know Google didn't care about the metas, but only about the description... I think with all that new information, I can get a higher ranking !!!!
    Thanks a lot !!!
    ( BTW, I had a look at your website, and I must say.. I like it a lot ! Very professional looking, and a really nice deign to look at ! )

Oh, I search the web, and... google doesn't index content in iframes...
    Not much of a problem, as I decided to redo my stuff without iframes, but I still have one question :
    My new website will have an iframe/javascript/cookie and all that crappy things page, and an frameless, javascript-free, cookie-free ( the poor browser will starve... ) and crappy things-free, and full of php page...
    The two pages will be loaded according to the user's settings.
    My question is : as I will have one iframe version, and one iframe-free version, will google index the site, or will it get stuck on the iframe version ?

the section of your site with the iframes/frames should not effect the ranking of the other pages.

thank for your comments on my site. i completed it 3 months ago. went through about 5 different designs before i settled for that one.

SE's don't like splash pages, for one.

You site need SEO(Search Engine Optimization)

See: Search Engine Optimization Services

I never had search engine problems with frames, but most people omit to make use of the <noframes> tag to have links to other parts of the site's content so that spiders had a path out of the frame.

Thread Information