www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Background colors not matching...

Background colors not matching...

I've made some images with the same background color as the tables that I'm using around it but on one monitor out of 5 here at my office the background colors are noticeably different so "boxes" appear where images are on top of the background color. Any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Usually it's because there is a combination of a slighty 'off' color setting (they may look the same, but not be rgb-numerically the same) and a discrepancy between either the color settings of the computer (some computers display less colors than others) or between monitors (some monitors may not support certain values, or display them slightly differently).

Is there any way to for you to post a link of image of this?

-Gorky
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

That used to happen to me before I learned to use the 'web only' colors in Photoshop, which is what I use for my web graphics. Like gorky said, colors can look the same but not be the same, and to be safe, web colors should only encompass the 216 browser-safe hex codes.

It can also happen if the computer has the number of colours set to less than true colour. The translation of the background colour may go one up to the nearest existing colour while theat in the image goes down (or vice versa). The only way to avoid this is to make the background of the image transparent.
    Stephen

Thread Information