dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: please help w/ forms

please help w/ forms

hello. I have made a form page for visitors to submit their profile. the completed form should go to my web-based email address. The problem is, the form is working on Explorer 5.2 and Opera 8.0. But it doesn't work on AOL, Safari or some other versions of explorer. When submitting the form on those browsers, you get a blank white page with the message,

No variables sent to form! Unable to process request.

Can someone please help? If you need to see the source code, the form is at www.goth4life.net. Thanx!

hello. I have made a form page for visitors to submit their profile. the completed form should go to my web-based email address. The problem is, the form is working on Explorer 5.2 and Opera 8.0. But it doesn't work on AOL, Safari or some other versions of explorer. When submitting the form on those browsers, you get a blank white page with the message,

No variables sent to form! Unable to process request.

Can someone please help? If you need to see the source code, the form is at www.goth4life.net. Thanx!

You are evidently using mailto: as the method of sending the email. This, as you've only now discovered, is fraught with problems. For reliable email, you must instead use a server-side language and associated server-side mail object in order to send your email. So... You've posted in the ASP forum... Hence, I presume you'd like to use ASP as your server-side language. Thus, the only remaining question is... What is the name of the associated server-side mail object to which you also have access?

Thread Information