www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Disclaimer Wordsmith, Please

Post Disclaimer Wordsmith, Please

Hello -

As part of our website, we are posting archived web publications, mostly non-compliant with standards, Accessibility, etc. Since our site must be ADA/508 compliant, we need to post a disclaimer on these pages, warning the user that these are being displayed in their "original" format.

Does anyone have or know of some official language that I can use to make this statement?

Thanks,
    KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Plain English is the best tact; explain that the media does not meet the requirements however there maybe a equivalent accessible version available.

Keep it short and simple:
    These pages are archives, so they aren't created to modern standards, some pages may be inaccessable and might not work in all browsers, we apologise for the inconvenience caused.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Thread Information