www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash file size?

Flash file size?

I want to do a intro to my webpage using Flash. The only problem I am having is the file size, no matter what I do, I can not seem make the file to be less then 2 meg for 10 seconds.

To me, that size is abit to large, and I was wondering if there is anything I am missing to make the file size alot smaller.

I have set the size to 550x400, at 12 frames per second(would rather have 15 FPS).

I am kinda new to Flash, so, if I am missing something compeltly simple, please tell me.

Wofen

Keep your Jpeg quality down as 12 FPS 120 frames, and get rid of extra unneeded layers
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

It really depends what you are doing... you haven't told us much about your file. What is making the file so big? Sound files? Graphics?

You probably want to add a preloader to the beginning of your file. That way, the user gets a visual representation of how much of the movie is loaded and how much remains. Google will give you a lot of results if you need a tutorial.

Indeed.
    If you have sounds make sure they are streamed and not attached to an event
    better still don't include them instead use a loadsound() event.

If your content has a great deal of vector type animation there are several
    3rd party apps for compressing it (flash2.be swf compressor sorenson squeeze)

Thread Information