www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Html Newbie seeking help.

Question Html Newbie seeking help.

Hi. I recently just started my own webpage. www.anarchyofsouls.com I have just begun learning html, and I think I am doing an okay job. Most of the things I have had problems with I have been able to find a solution for on this site, exceptthis problem. If you notice on my page all my link are on the bottom left underneath the welcome message. Problem is I do not wish for them to be there. I want them to be side by side, for example...

link ----------- text text text text text text

I hope you guys understand what my problem is, and even more i hope you can help me solve this. Thank you very much for your time
    Last edited by omegaslover; 06-07-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Removing the <br> tags will remove the line breaks which is what is causing the links to appear on different lines.

Next, contain each link with its text in their own <p> paragraph. I'm not sure what you want to do with the text and links together but your page is using tables so you could create another table with your links in one column and text in the next. However, using tables to layout a page is frowned upon by polite people.

Question

Um lol. I am not sure you quite understood my problem, thank you for trying, maybe I can better explain it. Most sites have all their links on either side of the page with every thing else in the middle, for example www.hodstock.com has all their links in a little box on the left side. and then everything else in the middle of the page. That is how I want my page to look. I tried what you said, and it just didnt work, it is possible that I did it wrong.

Thread Information