www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: stuck?

stuck?

just a few days ago i inserted a cd into one of my CD drives (i have 2) then ever since then i have not only been able to look at the contents.. but also the cd drive wont open... its been like this for days... i havent tried anything yet cause i wanted to find out what i can do before i screw up my computer... any help is appreciated.. =) thanks a lot
    i live in the trance...

Well do you see the drive under the devices with removable storage heading in mycomputer? It might be your ide (or whatever interface you use) or 4 pin connector fell out.

okay it was a false alarm... the problem was that the computer funked up and i accidently put a dvd into the cd drive! hahahah so i was pretty dumb... =\
    i live in the trance...

In the future if the drive is stuck (you may already know this), but you can manually eject discs with a paper clip via a small hole on the front of the drive. Just straighten out the clip and ram it in there.

-Gorky
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

More Info

Hi aiedorashleah,
    Just like gorky said
    In the future if the drive is stuck (you may already know this), but you can manually eject discs with a paper clip via a small hole on the front of the drive. Just straighten out the clip and ram it in there.
    If you need step by step instructions (with pictures) on how to do this.. checkout the "CD/DVD drive Troubleshooting" page in the Beginners section at my website.
    Hope this helps,
    RGPHNX
    Computer Problems ?? > My website >> Computer Repair & Troubleshooting

Some times right clicking the cd and selecting egect works...
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Thread Information