www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Link to open page at a certain point?

Link to open page at a certain point?

Hi i was wondering whether anyone could help me.

I have a website and on the home page i have a link to direct people to a different page on the website but then once they have finished reading this page i would like a link back to the homepage but to a certain point on the page e.g a 1/4 of the way down, as the page is quite long. Does anyone understand what im saying or have i not explained that very well?

Presumable i would need a link on the page but then i would need to insert some code on the home page to know which part i want to open it at?
    Anyway im just guessing as i haven't really got a clue.

So any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Paul

HTML Code:
    <p>Check out <a href="page2.htm#section3">section 3 of page 2</a>! Aint that just hoopy?</p>
    That'll link to page2.htm and then tell the browser to scroll down to the element (such as a header) that has the id of section3. e.g.
    HTML Code:
    <h2 id="section3">Section 3: Best of one and two</h2>
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Thanks for your help.
    It works now

I appreciate it

Paul

Thread Information