www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: background help

background help

how do yuo make it so that you display an image as a background ONCE and then another is reapeated after that forever?

So two background images, one repeated one not? Can't be done in one element but if you put a div in then you can give that a non-repeating background (with it's colour as transparent).
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

explain how you do that please

Well you'd define a repeating background for your body element as usual. Then wrapping around everything else, like another body element, you'd have a div with a non-repeating background, as you'd usually define that.
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
       "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>The Page with two backgrounds.</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    body{background: url(repeatable.png) #ccc;}
    div#container{background: url(unrepeatable.png) no-repeat transparent;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="container">
    <h1>The Page with two backgrounds</h1>
    <p>Some hoopy content would go here</p>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Thread Information