www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What if IE does not work for Active Scan

What if IE does not work for Active Scan

My computer is infected with that darn smitfraud.c virus. I can not use IE at all so Active Scan(from panda) will not work. I am using netscape communicator to go online and look for help with this virus. How can I use Active scan or is there another scan i can use that is campatible with netscape communicator?
    I also get errors, missing .DLL file(WININET.DLL), which is preventing me from installing most software. Should I just throw this computer out or can someone PLEASE help me. I am not very well versed in computers but will sure appreciate any help that anyone can give to me. Thank you very much in advance!!!

If you restart the PC with the Panda disk in, it should boot up off it (assuming that you've set the boot order to boot off CD ROM before HDD) and perform a full system scan before windows loads.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Get something like nortan anti virus more reliable bootable and better looking.
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Thread Information