dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My computer is messed.

My computer is messed.

OK I have a firewall and virus protection on my computer (AVG and McAffee) I also have Microsoft anti-spyware. But the main problem came before I had that... when I only had McAffee virus protection (not even a firewall or anti-spyware). I got some mean spyware and viruses that completely messed my computer. It's still pretty messed up and now after loads of sorting even from professionals I still have alot and only some have been cleared. I got rid of some i.desktop search thing with help from a professional but that's about all we got done. Also all of my spyware and virus programmes now pick up nothing. But here is the main problems:

~ My internet browsers often when loading pages get redirected to other internet sites. Alot of them even change the window size of my browser and changing it back all the time is becoming a real *****. Also the sites have it coded so you can't press the back button so I have have to click the button next to the back button and choose the webpage I was on or which was loading. This is mostly a problem on forums (which I visit a considerable amount of) and othe rinteractive pages. Also it seems to target firefox alittle more than other browsers even though it is stll aproblem on those browsers.

~ My computer sometimes just shuts down and a blue screen comes up saying fatal system error even when I'm just doing normal stuff like coding on notepad or browsing web pages (normal respectable ones like htmldog and so forth). The computer doesn't always act itself completely when I'm on it for an hour or so before it happens usually.

~ The overall speed of my computer is extremely slow even though it's a good computer with broadband internet 2.7 GHz pentium 4 and 512MB RAM. It has a fluctuating (vary alot) load times even on the same programs and anything programmed in ASCII (which i do some work with a fair bit) tends to freeze for about 10 seconds every so often.

Help on removing these problems would place me in your eternal debt. Thanks for your time. Help is greatly appreciated.

Download HijackThis, find the problems using analysis site.
    If the problems remain, reinstalling the OS could be the best option.

The BSD after an hour of use indicates an overheating problem. Have the computer checked out by the dealer/repair shop.
    Last edited by Fang; 06-18-2005 at 04:48 AM.

I have it checked by a repair shop but I'll try that program you linked too. Just out of curiosity what would reinstalling windows do?

EDIT: It says hijack this was infected with a worm.
    Last edited by Sceptile_Master; 06-18-2005 at 11:02 AM.

See if HijackThis can remove the worm or use one of Symantec's removal tools
    Reinstalling Windows would eradicate any virus or software problems, leaving only the hardware as a source of possible problems.

No it says HIjackThic has a worm in it. Also would reinstalling windows delete all my files?

The worm was already on your computer, find out which one and remove it with Symantec's tools.
    A complete reinstall will delete all files. Backup first.

I just get this message

! Cannot execute "C:\DOCUME~1\DUGALD~1.DDN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.735\HijackThis.exe"

Also my Mcafee virus scan says it has cleaned a bug evry time I try. It's always the same one too.

Which bug is it?

Start computer in Safe mode by pushing F8 wile starting up then run spy bot ad-aware AVG and McAffee. Try getting a decent firewall and Virus protectin eg Zone alarm Norton Utilites .etc

Is the McAfee one really that bad. It cost afair amount. OK I'll try that. But just out of curiosity, why safe mode.

Mc Afee is ok... But Norton is better stick with it until You get a virus that is way to hard to remove. Safe mode should stop the spyware starting up so when u remove it it wont come back.

If you still have a problem talk to me, i like to remove all my viruses manualy, becauze most programs wont be able to get rid of it..

contact me on msn
    kiliCR_22@hotmail.com

N00Ble
    kiliCR_22@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]
    Is this wize spammers will serach for @hotmail.com addresses and will spam you if you want to share your email address PM the person
    By the way do you use gmail???

avg. It is freeware. If you want the best quality though, forget mcafe, norton, all of them... go with sophos.

Sophos i had bad experince with that not norton though...

Thread Information