www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: suburbanbeats.net

suburbanbeats.net

i've been working on this for the past few weeks and functionally it works almost perfectly. i just need to get the thank you page for the mailing list to look like the rest of the website. with that in mind, i need some ideas for making it look a little better. even if its just some color changes, i'm not really sure what to do. thanks in advance

www.suburbanbeats.net

Looks like a good start. Clean code.

Overall I'd say it just needs to be styled. I'd go with a sans serif font. Put DJ names as <hx> and change links from default to something else.

The contact page seems odd to have the submit button before the form inputs.

I'd visit listamatic for some other menu options.

I haven't downloaded any music so I an't comment on that.

It seems that this could have a little more something to the theme. It seems that the idea might be a little tongue in cheek that its (or at least looks like) middle class, suburban, Maryland boys doing dance/hip hop remixes. I'd suggest having fun with that. But, I could be reading it wrong. Maybe its very serious dance DJ-ing. It looks a little sterile.

your right on the whole theme of suburban dj's. we both live about 30-60 minutes from downtown. The previous version of the site was alot more flashy, but I didnt design it, and couldnt change the layout very easily. So i had been working on just getting the layout to the point where i wanted it. I will change the contact page so the button is at the bottom of the form, I hadnt really thought about that too much. would you have any suggestions on how to get the list.html page to display the footer properly? for some reason it wants to spread out to 100% of the margin.

I tried adding <hx> tags to the dj names, but the w3 validator yells at me for it. I've been thinking of making some sort of flash menu, but i'm not really sure. i'm probably missing something but i'm at work. thanks for the review.

Don't make a flash menu unless you have another non-flash one as backup. Users can have flash disabled, you know.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    is this the second time you got your site reviewed? im quite sure i allready have

i dont remember... is that against some rule or something? sites generally change over time.

Thread Information