www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: do i need a license?

Hybrid View

do i need a license?

heres a long story short, but i really need feedback cuz im kinda scared.

my mom checks her account summary online all the time. the other day she asked me if i knew what two of her statements where (i order online sometimes but from ssl sites) and i said no.

they were from paltalk.com? and i've never heard of that before... both were for 15.00 (14.95 really)... they were under my name and her card number... we called the number listed on her summary and we reversed them. but we assumed that someone has our information and is doing it... and they do.

yesterday night she asked me what another one was for (84.95 i think) and it was to e-ocio.net? which i've never heard of and its in spain or somewhere so i can't read it...!

she went to her bank and filled out forms today, and the cops came over to see her online bank statement and gave that information to an investigator to check out... i don't know what he's gonna do but still...

everything seems to be ok now, the bank told my mom that she will get the money back, but i don't know when... and we have the card cancelled and another one is on the way, but im not going to put that online...

the part im scared about is the investigator... im signed up with paypal on her card number, but it deposits to my bank account number. and i sell layouts, and web design services on there... im only 16, but if they see that can i get in trouble to where i owe money or something? i don't have a business license or anything... but assumed that i didn't need one... since its just side jobs?

i don't see why the investigator would get into something like that, but if they pull the account summary and see paypal or whatever i don't know what info they could get from that since its my bank account number... would it be something to worry about?

any online links to backup information will be great too! thanks...

if you didn't want to read all that: "do i need a license to legally sell web design services on paypal without paying taxes or getting in trouble being 16 years old?"

thanks...

Not that I'm aware of. I have a friend that does it.
    "If at first you do suceed, try not to look astonished."
    I have 50 gmail invitations at my disposal, if you want one pm me with your First and Last name and your email address
    HTTPGuru

If you are really that concerned about it ask a lawyer or an accountant, that would be your best bet. Anyone would be foolish to give advice on this topic unless they themselves were a lawyer or an accountant in your area. Many different cities and states have different rules and regulations regarding this topic.

I will move this over to Business Matters.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Quote Originally Posted by buntine
    I will move this over to Business Matters.
    thanks
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

If you make more than 400 bucks a year (net income), you have to pay self employment taxes. You don't need a license or anything. There are a lot of complex nuances to paying taxes on this; Talk to a tax advisor.
    Administrator of The Engine Network
    http://www.the-engine.org
    "We are drunk of borg. Resistance is floor-tile."

thanks for the advice and the forum move... sorry bout that...

Just a thought, spend less time critiquing (sp?) your own website and more time looking for new customers.
    21,130 KSPH.... and that is on a bad day!

Thread Information