www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which technology should I go for ?

Question Which technology should I go for ?

Hi,
    I need to create a page to show some values saved on a database. When these values are updated (by some apps running on my server) I need the page to show the new values.
    The thing is I want to accomplish this without reloading the page.
    I've never programmed a Web application, though I have some degree of experience programming C.
    The first aproach I intended is PHP, but as I started to read the documentation I discovered it's not useful for my app (correct me if I'm wrong here).
    So the next step is start reading some info about Javascript. So far I get the impression that it may be useful.

Anybody can give me a clue on this ?

Thanks!!

If you want to update contents in a webpage from database,I am not sure how you can do this without reloading page,Ofcourse you can do something like this.Hava an iframe in the page,and make serverside app to check for db changes and as soon as there is a change noticed update the iframe.

You can change content on the page using javascript but when it comes to db javascript can not do anything beyond the scope of a browser.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Khalid

This will solve the problem but for compliant browsers only: http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showt...&threadid=5810

Thread Information