www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can anyone help me puhleez

Can anyone help me puhleez

I have tried everything to eliminate the repeating of a .jpg on the left side of my webpages. It keeps repeating the website is http://www.compassadvisorypartners.com and it is the half size compass that will repeat as the page is scrolled. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Bill

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    wrong forum buddy try multimedia or somthing
    fabioDRN.com

Sorry, but I don't see a problem. I've looked at your page through IE, Netscape and Firefox. Try cleaning out your browser cache then looking at it again.

KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

i do not see a problem either.

I'm sorry I gave one of the wrong pages. There was no scrolling involved on the homepage as it was not long enough. Here is one of the links with the page showing the error.

http://www.compassadvisorypartners.com/industry.html
    Thanks

Bill

As to the problem -
    <td width="163" background="http://www.compassadvisorypartners.com/left_side.jpg" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

Backgrounds in table cells repeat when the cell's height/width exceed the image's dimensions.

If I've located the correct table cell, you need to change the coding to:

<td width="163" style="background-image: url(left_side.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#CCCCCC;">

You should really consider CSS styles/positioning to keep these problems from happening. Your coding isn't that great - lots of tables within tables, css styles mixed with basic style coding, etc. Looks like you've used a Dreamweaver template, then tried to override some of the settings. Lots of opportunities for confusing moments.

Good Luck!
    KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Hi KDLA.....thanks for the great help. That was the ticket. Changed about six pages it was showing up in. Yes you are correct about the mixing. I inherited a basic site that was done in Dreamweaver and then not knowing it too well and enough with GoLive to be dangerous I proceeded to rebuild the site as to where it is now. I have sent away for a tutorial in CSS and hope I will get more insight as to the workings of it. I understand once you can conquer it that it will save you a lot of your time editing. Again I thank you and appreciate all your help.
    Thanks

Bill

Thread Information