www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: old timer needs a review

old timer needs a review

Good Afternoon,

Looking for some honest critism from some of the worlds best developers. Infomation needed would be, color scheme, information, design and layout. Anything you can provide me with, would be great.

http://www.mididelight.com

Thank you,
    Sanford

Layout is good, very clean and organized. Color scheme matches well, but I don't like the shades of green much (I'm not really a big green fan, anyway). The way everything is presented is very coherent, and its easy to understand where everything is and why it is there.

Only real quibble I have is that the background is.. well, not in my taste You might be better off going with a simple diagonal line background instead of that fancy one.

Also, I will say that artistically the site isn't that appealing - the bevel on the header logo looks cheesy (most bevels do), and the font for the logo is way too pixelated, and needs some anti-aliasing. Most people aren't going to care that much, though.

As a side note, something I recently picked up as far as useability goes - Put the content that you want people to read first near the top of the .html file code wise, if you can (css makes this a lot easier, thanks to positioning ). This is good for TTS readers for the blind, and also good for browsers such as Links/Lynx, which are text based and ignore stylesheets. Not a necessity, but it is a good practice to follow (which I'm guilty of not following quite often ).

Otherwise, I think its a good site. Nice work

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    i like your sites idea and content hard to find these days... have you submitted this site for review a year ago. i think i reviewed it i like it...
    good work no complaints one improvement
    your search box would look better with a light green thats my opinion

Hi -
    Very nice work.
    Only recommendation is to use that orange down in the rss feed link
    as a contrasting color at crucial places in the site - needs some eye
    movement...

El

Just have to say, the site looks great, easy to use. Layout is nice, and probably can't get much better. I have to agree with invertedpanda about the background.... Something simpler... And yea... the banner(or whatever you want to call it), something else...

But other than that, it's really nice. Good Job. And as a side note, that's probably the best MIDI site out there.(why do people charge for MIDI files? Just buy the real song...)

thanks everyone for your words

i have been contemplating the color use, I am not a huge fan of green. But not many sites use it, so I wanted to stand out a bit.

For some reason no one likes my background..hmm. It has a kind of tacky 70's feel to it.

The header and logo need work I know, needs to be more catchy, but I suck with photoshop. Anyone want to fix it up for me?

Finally, thanks for the good words about the site, I am trying to give people what they want. A site with content, no popup ads and easy to use and navigate. Things that the web should be about.

Thanks, More feedback is appreciated if you feel the need...

Thread Information