www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! How Do I create a login form?What is the html code for it?

HELP! How Do I create a login form?What is the html code for it?

please! help me! i really want to know how!oh, and please put instructions how to use it, thnx!

Hold on. I just made one. What a coincidence. It should be uploaded to my site tonight. I will name it http://www.geocities.com/lordoftheri...ien/login.html
    Hope it's what your looking for!

See http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html for details on how to create forms.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

He wants a login form. Not a form.

Here's the script for the login form. I have the JavaScript in an external file.

HTML code (login.html):

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Please type your Username and Password... </title>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="login.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#eeeeee">
    <form>
    <br>
    <center>
    Username: <input type="text" name="username" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#212121;border-color:#212121;" onFocus="this.style.background = '#ffffff';" onBlur="this.style.background = '#bfbfbf';">
    <br>
    Password: <input type="password" name="password" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#212121;border-color:#212121;" onFocus="this.style.background = '#ffffff';" onBlur="this.style.background = '#bfbfbf';">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="Login" onClick="Login(this.form);" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#000000;border-color:#212121;" onMouseOver="this.style.color = '#404040';" onMouseOut="this.style.color = '#000000';" onFocusr="this.style.color = '#404040';" onBlur="this.style.color = '#000000';">
    </center>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

You can change the appearance.

External JavaScript code (login.js):

<!-- Begin

function Login(form) {
    username = new Array("u1","u2","u3","u4","u5","u6","u7","u8","u9","u10");
    password = new Array("p1","p2","p3","p4","p5","p6","p7","p8","p9","p10");
    page = "secretpage" + ".html";
    if (form.username.value == username[0] && form.password.value == password[0] || form.username.value == username[1] && form.password.value == password[1] || form.username.value == username[2] && form.password.value == password[2] || form.username.value == username[3] && form.password.value == password[3] || form.username.value == username[4] && form.password.value == password[4] || form.username.value == username[5] && form.password.value == password[5] || form.username.value == username[6] && form.password.value == password[6] || form.username.value == username[7] && form.password.value == password[7] || form.username.value == username[8] && form.password.value == password[8] || form.username.value == username[9] && form.password.value == password[9]) {
    self.location.href = page;
    }
    else {
    alert("Either the username or password you entered is incorrect.\nPlease try again.");
    form.username.focus();
    }
    return true;
    }

// End -->

You can change the page = "secretpage" + ".html"; to whatever you want. The passwords are stored in arrays, I have just made the passwords u1, p1 for username1 and password1, but you can make them whatever you want.

I see, so you think that information on creating and submitting forms is irrelevant to creating a login form?

There are two main parts to a working user login. The HTML form and the server-side program (unless you use insecure client-side scripting). Thier question was posted in the HTML forum hence they received the HTML answer. The official docs would be a far better place to learn than someone's personal page. As far as the server-side programming, they won't be able to view this from your site anyway, unless you provide a text document of the source.

sorry. I'm stupid.

I have the JavaScript in an external file

AKA insecure client-side method. Anyone with moderate knowledge would be able to crack this in a matter of seconds.

Yeah, I know. I made this just for fun, not for something secure. I don't have my own domain, so I am not able to use sercure server-side scripting. I put this in an external JS, just to keep amateurs out. Anybody else could get in.

Talking

umm.. w3n i tried it out for muhself n cliked log in nutin happend buh w3n i
    cliked ur thang n i clikd log in it sed da usaname or pass was wrong n how is da thang supposed ta kno? plz tell m3 or email my bak at r4nm4_saotome@yahoo.com... plz tell may aall give ya a kisss cuz aam da hottest chick round da place
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Elfers
    Here's the script for the login form. I have the JavaScript in an external file.

HTML code (login.html):

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#eeeeee">
    <form>
    <br>
    <center>
    Username: <input type="text" name="username" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#212121;border-color:#212121;" onFocus="this.style.background = '#ffffff';" onBlur="this.style.background = '#bfbfbf';">
    <br>
    Password: <input type="password" name="password" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#212121;border-color:#212121;" onFocus="this.style.background = '#ffffff';" onBlur="this.style.background = '#bfbfbf';">
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="Login" onClick="Login(this.form);" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#000000;border-color:#212121;" onMouseOver="this.style.color = '#404040';" onMouseOut="this.style.color = '#000000';" onFocusr="this.style.color = '#404040';" onBlur="this.style.color = '#000000';">
    </center>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

You can change the appearance.

External JavaScript code (login.js):

<!-- Begin

function Login(form) {
    page = "secretpage" + ".html";
    if (form.username.value == username[0] && form.password.value == password[0] || form.username.value == username[1] && form.password.value == password[1] || form.username.value == username[2] && form.password.value == password[2] || form.username.value == username[3] && form.password.value == password[3] || form.username.value == username[4] && form.password.value == password[4] || form.username.value == username[5] && form.password.value == password[5] || form.username.value == username[6] && form.password.value == password[6] || form.username.value == username[7] && form.password.value == password[7] || form.username.value == username[8] && form.password.value == password[8] || form.username.value == username[9] && form.password.value == password[9]) {
    }
    else {
    alert("Either the username or password you entered is incorrect.\nPlease try again.");
    form.username.focus();
    }
    return true;
    }

// End -->

You can change the page = "secretpage" + ".html"; to whatever you want. The passwords are stored in arrays, I have just made the passwords u1, p1 for username1 and password1, but you can make them whatever you want.

Can you......

just wondering if you could make this login script go to multiple destinations?

the code is...

HTML Code:
    <!-- Begin

function Login(form) {
    page = "http://www.google" + ".com";
    }
    else {
    form.username.focus();
    }
    return true;
    }

// End -->

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kagome
    umm.. w3n i tried it out for muhself n cliked log in nutin happend buh w3n i
    cliked ur thang n i clikd log in it sed da usaname or pass was wrong n how is da thang supposed ta kno? plz tell m3 or email my bak at r4nm4_saotome@yahoo.com... plz tell may aall give ya a kisss cuz aam da hottest chick round da place
    Aside from not being able to read what you said , I hope you like spam, because you entered your email address for all bots and quirky people.

Cheers...

Ron

Okay guys, I used Zach Elfers's code and it worked fine for me, and now the question is, how do I code the check box to remember my user name and password every time I log on...... Like in the code below.....

NB: I copied Zach's code and only inserted a check box.... Run it and see how it looks like...

<html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <title>Username</title>
    </head>

<body>

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#eeeeee">
    <form>
    <br>
    <center>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON">Remember
    Me?<br>
    <br>
    <input type="button" value="Login" onClick="Login(this.form);" style="background:#bfbfbf;color:#000000;border-color:#212121;" onMouseOver="this.style.color = '#404040';" onMouseOut="this.style.color = '#000000';" onFocusr="this.style.color = '#404040';" onBlur="this.style.color = '#000000';"></center>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

</body>

</html>

Right...

I get how to put the thingie on a webpage, but how do I get it to work?
    And how do I place a spot for members to register? I have a freewebs site, just in case that would change anything....
    Last edited by newbie10101; 11-11-2007 at 05:15 PM.

one bad thing

all you have to do is copy the url of your home page and you dont need to login. is there a code to block the page until you log in, i kno they have like a two line code in asp and php, but i dont like either of them.

Thread Information