dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need a review (mostly for artistic quality)

Need a review (mostly for artistic quality)

http://sound.the-engine.org/concept/

That is the page for the Sound Engine hub, where you will be able to get to all of my sites under the Sound Engine subdomain. No real content to manage, nor are there any links other than the ones to other pages.

I'm mostly curious on how well you think I implemented the style - tech trendwhore :P I have always had an appreciation for the style when done in moderation, but this is the first time I have really attempted it myself. If you do have any code suggestions, though, I'm up for it. This is the first time I've actually implemented links using lists, so if i did anything wrong let me know. Also, any info you can offer me on doing links as lists in general I will accept - I'll be doing it for the rest of my sites soon hopefully.

The page won't go live until the site for "The Classic Sounds of My Life" goes live (if you want to see concepts from that page, hit http://sound.the-engine.org/csml/ and check out the images).

If the font issue is the only thing that makes your one page come up, then take it down. All the more so since most of the people using your site will be on a Win OS and thus don't really need to see it. I really wouldn't sweat having my fonts change that much. The menu is virtually gone from the sub pages, and the layout changes. I would try to make a more consistant feel across the site. The Engine Network link at the bottom probably chould have colored text that was different and that's it. I don't see the need for a different colored background. I don't think you need the non-breaking spaces in there, and something like <h2 class="sechead1"> could be done just with <h2> from what I can see.

I didn't want reviews for the Social Engine site I know the site has issues, it is being overhauled. I asked for reviews on the hub site link I pointed to, nothing more.

*edit* also, most of my visitors to the Social Engine site are running non-windows OSes, including a number of my bigger fans. FreeBSD, BeOS, Linux, etc. Only recently did my windows user base increase. I learned how to resolve the font issue, anyway - bitstream vera sans is freely available to alternative OSes, so I specify that now in all my websites as an alternative.
    Last edited by invertedpanda; 07-12-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    luvely, i dont no what it is but its nice

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    you can use css and a bit of php to convert your text into pngs so everybody can see it but it is unrecommeneded or you can convert them into flash search ala - alistapart.com

Thread Information