www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Annual leave web application?

Annual leave web application?

Is anyone aware of software that allows for users to log in and view their holiday entitlement/annual leave?
    I've searched the net far & wide, and I can't find a sinch.
    I'm looking to allow staff members log in and view there entitlement over our intranet, man I wish there was something avalible!!

Thx for any help
    James

James,

Depending on the level of sophistication this is something that you could have tailor made for your organisation relatively inexpensively.

How many people would be using the system?

Si

50+ users, I'm just suprised that I haven't found something closely related to what I described....as an application somewhere, because I can see a demand for it.

James

I think you are thinking you need something other than what you really do need...

You need a login system for the employees
    A personalized calendar that will show the dates for whatever you need

-or-

You need a login system for the employees
    Some sort of output for the user that shows the info however you wish to display it

Yes I need a log in system for employees to check how many days holiday they have remaining. They can naturally only see there own vacation/annual leave information. Thus the needed login. Any ideas, anything out there??
    Cheers

I'm assuming this is not just leave there would be entitlement and authorisation and I'm sure you would want some checks/validation and balances as well.

Si

Jamie,

I've sent you a Private Message.

Have a look.

Si

What is the point opening a discussion and then half way through switching to private messages so no one else can add their points of view and also so the thread is of absolutely no archival value as it never comes to a conclussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonBahr
    I'm assuming this is not just leave there would be entitlement and authorisation and I'm sure you would want some checks/validation and balances as well.

Si
    That is the case, yes! Is there no open-source apps out there that have this funcationality...or more??

Thx

Such an application cannot just pull numbers out of thin air. To be done "right," it would have to interface with your payroll/timekeeping system in order to know know how much leave time has been accumulated and how much has been used, with the accumulated leave time being dependent on employee classification (hire date, part-time or full-time, hourly or salaried, etc....).

I would start by talking to your payroll people and find out how such data is maintained, and how (or even if) you can access it from your intranet. That will likely be the driving force behind how you go about this task. I suspect the likelihood of finding something on the web you can just "drop in" to access this data is not very high.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I second the view of nogdog, there is alot to consider.

Will probably be best if you find out if you are going to tie it in with your payroll team.

If not it will have to be maintained serperatly and have the users individual information stored (hire date, part-time or full-time, hourly or salaried, etc....) but will be alot of work depending on your staff turn over.

Adam

I'm actually a Payroll Manager by profession so have had a lot of dealings with time management.

Noddog's comments are completely valid however you don't have to overbake it especially if your payroll provider is outsourced.

Sometimes small organisations just want to be able to keep track of employees holiday as it is now a statutory obligation.

Si.

Thread Information