www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: About Free Javascripts.

Post About Free Javascripts.

I think this web-site is great for learning HTML, CSS and JS,...all of which I am relatively new at so I have many questions some which may be stupid but nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Hopefully, my questions will not be boringly repetitious here.

The "Free-Javascripts" are great learning tools and fun to incorporate into personal pages,...however,...
    I was born at night but not last night! Is there such a thing as "Free Javascripts? The ones I have found all have a commented link or reference or email. Is there a link to a .class file for these to run (_always,_ sometimes ...never)...
    (I'm really a newbie!)...in otherwords, i think what I am asking is are there 'hidden' ways these scripts link to other sites so that fools like me can run the scripts for some ultetior reason?

I have found some of these I would like to freely use independently of any reference to the provider touting them as free. So I ask to what extent can these be "customized" for total independent personal use. And how can a novice tell if the script automatically links to the provider so it will be mine,...all mine? I do not mind giving credit where credit is due, but when they say it is 'free' I do not want to find out this has not been the usual definition of free to use....
    Thanks,

__JHG

using another's ready made js

>JavaScript always has to be in source

Thanks for the information about the free js which I have been studying for all the heuristic value but have had some doubts about all the "commented" links these invariably contain that seem to often be more than just script-author credits.

I assume that when I use the 'View-Source' option that what I read is all (X)HTML, JS, CSS or other mark-up for the 'ostensibility functions' of the browser...and there is as you say no compiled language there. But, what I do not understand is that there can be an exterior 'private' file for an applet....to initiate a function-set,... is this true or not? In other words, these can be 'called-on' via the mark-up by an exterior reference so that the applet will work. Or is the applet itself also of the ostensible (for display) set? Please clarify this idea that may be wrong as one simply views the source code and finds what seems to be cryptic links as base-references.

__Jim

Post external sources

>The only external source you'll see for JavaScript ...(is a .js file)

Thanks Dave for a very sub-summing explanation of what was so confusing to me.

While you can not hide js code you can obscure things and hide code "between the lines", so that those who are used to cut-n-pasting do not realize they got more than they saw....

Just wondering out loud....

Do scripter encode their script with srcenc still?

V.V.

Thread Information