www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Browser to browser video streaming

Exclamation Browser to browser video streaming

Hi,
    I'm looking for a solution to stream video from an user to another. The request is to be platform independent (Win,Linux,MacOS) and to need as less software as possible to be installed by the user (so I thought that a Web Browser should do the cross-platform issue thing). Any ideas?
    As a basic idea, i thought on each browser should connect to a server that actually do the job. But I didn't find any solution close to this idea. Is this possible? What do you know?
    Any help would be usefull.

Streaming video needs to be set up on a dedicated media streaming server for it to work properly. Once it's set-up, a link from the server that will play your video can be sent via email to anyone you want or embedded and played from your (or your clients) web page. Remember that I said a "dedicated" server. Nothing else should be running on the server except media -- and that means web sites or databases. Not everybody has this ability or is willing to make the investment...

I've been working on this for about two years and now have a dedicated media streaming service if your interested. Not trying to solicit business, but if this is a solution that will help you, let me know.

Cheers

Arrow

Thank you for your help, but what I was trying to say is that I want to be a 2 way video streaming communication (2 webcams). So I'm looking for a solution in wich the clients should configure and start their connection from a Web page. (Beeing connected to a server). I'm in the research phase, so I don't know if what I'm saying does even make sense.
    I'm looking forword to your reply.

Regards,
    Alex

You may want to check out getting a dedicated server with Flash Communication Server installed. Client-side, all a user would need is the flash 6 player (or greater) and a camera. I recently developed a site such as what you're suggesting and it worked very well.

Thanks. It's been a while since I was looking for that solution, and finally I reach the same answer. Still thank you for your support.

Thread Information