www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My 1st Website Design

My 1st Website Design

Did this for a friend who is just starting in real estate. One thing that I notice is it does not display the same in Mozilla as in IE....mainly the navigational menu is placed too low below the banner in Mozilla. I would want it to look like it doe sin IE. Also the contact form does not work, will need some help on that. Thank you all for suggestions/corrections.

www.tracyhenderson.com

I'd go for a completely different colour scheme, bright pastel colours are a lot more pleasant to look at in comparison with those dark yellows that TBH look a bit too much like vomit. Try to make text black (or v.close) with a white background (or v.close), it'll make it easier for people to read especially those with less-than-perfect eyesight.

Avoid centering large amounts of text like that, it's fine for headings and stuff but when it's overused it looks tacky and unproffesional.

You're form points to http://......... so it's no suprise that it doesn't work, you'll need it pointing to a functioning form handler.

I'd distinguish you're external links from internal ones in your navigation and I wouldn't have them opening in frames like that either. It gives the impression that you are snatching content from other sites and I know that's not the impression you want to give.

From a technical point of view:
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

I can get to any site (provided it's up), but when I tried to go to yours, I kept getting an unable to connect message. Did you take it down for updates/enhancements?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    beware the place where the Labyrinth, the Snitch & the Cat roam...

No, I did not take the site down. I just calle dthe hosting company, 1and1.com, and it's a problem on their end. DDOS (distr denial of service: someone attacking an ip address)

I (any many others) don't like having to scroll horizontally. If you must use tables for layout , use percentages for width, where possible, to give a more fluid layout. Don't like the photo top left, reminds me of Tony Blair
    I like the tips & links, but keep the two as separate lists, but not the color scheme (as someone else pointed out), it is difficult for some to read.

Thread Information