www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: IE 7 - comments?

IE 7 - comments?

I just downloaded IE 7 beta. This is a joke of a browser.

Except for the tabs (which look terrible with the menu under them), I don't see any improvement. Still doesn't understand application/xhtml+xml, my advanced CSS still doesn't work. I don't know about DOM support.

On the positive side, nothing's broken. I checked my 10 sites and they look exactly as they did in IE 6.
    The danger of religion lies in its most attractive feature. It is the arrogance that comes with thinking you possess the ultimate knowledge.

.: My Web Development Site :: My Personal Site :.
    .: Web Design Quiz :: PHP/MySQL Quiz :: Test the Dvorak keyboard layout :.

Well, IE 7 is a beta. My Thoughts on CSS in IE 7. I'm not plugging my site, just a more complete thoughts on CSS in IE 7. Basically, lets wait for future betas and the final before judging it.

So in 2000 and 2001 MS has implemented some minor new features. In 2002 and 2003 it has fixed some bugs. In 2004 and 2005, MS has improved security, fixed a few more bugs and half-implemented some lousy tabs (and it wouldn't have done any of that had it not been for FF).

Wow, I'm really looking forward to what new exciting features the next beta will bring lol !!!
    The danger of religion lies in its most attractive feature. It is the arrogance that comes with thinking you possess the ultimate knowledge.

It wasn't until recently that MS actually started developing IE 7. You can't say that in 6 years IE 7 development has been poor, because IE 7 hasn't been under development for long. I'll agree that IE 7 beta 1 is butt-ugly, suffers from some serious UI issues, poor standards support, and has compatability issues. But, this is a non-feature complete beta. The IE team has said that they have only implemented two fixes out of the total CSS support they have planned for IE 7. They are planning on a lot more work with the tabs implementation. Hopefully, the UI will get a lot of work. I won't condemn IE 7, because I haven't seen it, and neither has anyone else. Beta 1 of IE 7, though, is a piece of crap.

Why won't it just DIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Aha I see they have some css 2.1 in the making, so IE 7 might not turn out to be that bad after all.

So they realeased this ridiculous beta just for marketing purposes, to keep people talking about IE's 'improvement'.

To everyone reading this, don't bother to download it.

No, I'd say do download it. Get any improvements in IE you can. IE6 held back the web for yaers, the sooner we can start to catch up, the better. It'd be nice if IE7 was an up to date browser. Something you'd expect for 2005, but I accept that it probably won't be. Even if it's only a 2001 browser, it's still going to be a major improvement (and a welcome one at that).

But Ie 7 doesn't fully suport CSS 2
    i wont use it ...
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Thread Information