dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Form redirection

Form redirection

Hello there,
    I am trying to have my form (saved in .html) to send details to my email address and redirect the person who sent the form to a second HTML page saved in the same directory.
    The code I am using is:
    <form action="MAILTO:molivieri1@gmail.com" method="post" enctype="text/plain">
    <input name="_redirect" type="hidden" value="thankyou.html" />
    Using this script allows me to send the email but doesn't redirect the user to the new page.
    If I type:
    <form action="thankyou.html" method="post">
    <input name="_recipients" type="hidden" value="molivieri1@gmail.com" />
    <input name="_redirect" type="hidden"
    value="thankyou.html" />
    The user is redirected to the thankyou page but I do not receive the email.
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?
    Thanks!
    Viola.

Using a hidden field will simply pass a value to the server. It will not perform a specific function unless you tell it to.

You will need some software on the server that compiles the details, sends them to your inbox, and then redirects the user.

I am not sure why you have posted this in the database. Is ASP available to you on your server?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by buntine
    Using a hidden field will simply pass a value to the server. It will not perform a specific function unless you tell it to.

You will need some software on the server that compiles the details, sends them to your inbox, and then redirects the user.

I am not sure why you have posted this in the database. Is ASP available to you on your server?

Regards.
    I am aware of that but my question was in regards with whether or not a button can perform 2 actions at the same time.
    I am working for one of my colleague and I am do not know if the server has an ASP software yet. Will have to ask.
    To answer your question, I have posted this in the database because I thought someone could help me with my query concerning ASP (which is where I posted, if you noticed!)...Is this good enough for you??!!

Viola.

Where is your query concerning ASP? This does not look like a question relating to ASP to me. You did not mention, or refer to, ASP in any way.

Are you running a Windows server?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by buntine
    Where is your query concerning ASP? This does not look like a question relating to ASP to me. You did not mention, or refer to, ASP in any way.

Are you running a Windows server?

Regards.
    Look, I'm not here to argue and I don't like people who use forums to try and have a go at others.

So let's end it here...If that's what you think, why are you even wasting your time replying to my posts?

Viola.

i see a misunderstanding here. i think buntine is merely trying to figure out if you have access to asp (windows server) to do the things you ask. A standard form button cannot to more than one thing however with asp you could send your form via email and also execute a redirect. However its up to the server your website is hosted on. It very well may be a unix/linux server requiring a php solution instead of asp

if you have asp available, post and we'll give you some ideas

don't knock buntine, he/she is a genious! has helped me many times whether it was my own post or reading others

Thanks, Silverbullet. I'm a "he".

Viola, I am not sure why you are getting angry at me. I simply want to understand your situation before I start posting code or asp-centric suggestions.

Again, are you running a Windows server? Do you have a preinstalled mailer script on yur server?

Regards.

This guys need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! viola79 try VODKA or VAT69..

This guy buntine is genious......i have read his posting and he has helped me alot too.

and i m sure he will help u out tooooooooooo

Thread Information