www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: onMouseOver problem

Hybrid View

Question onMouseOver problem

http://www.outofbreath.com/menu.html

When you hover over a letter (like W), then an image is supposed to appear as a message just under that letter (like Weekly Events). But after I added the code to put the title into the status bar when hovering over the letter also, nothing happens under the letter anymore when you hover over it. I was hoping for both the status bar title and the title under the letter to work.

Any suggestions on how to get both to work?

So you are trying to make something like a large tooltip right?

kinda...I actually just found out how to fix it. Refresh it and check it if your curious at all to see what I was trying to accomplish. http://www.outofbreath.com for the full effect.

Thanks tho.

Peace

This may or may not correlate to the specifics of the problem with the mouse-over display event, but I had a similar situation using a free script to place a function on a page.

I think in some situations as the free-script will come with a demo string, say "ACGCCT1729ct" = sum of 12 alpha-numeric characterts..." you can SUBSTITUTE
    a custom text string as long as you keep the string INDEX exctly as is coded and use the same size of the index, namely 12 characters (for this example here).

Otherwise, It will have a 'bug' and not function as exepected (but not always depending upon the author's strictness of the index.) So try to make your custom message 'co-indicial it stiring-length magnitude' and see if it will go. Hope this help.

What the problem ended up being was that I had two different sets of onMouseOver and onMouseOut lines in one tag. I had to consolidate them and have the window.status and changeImages commands in the same onMouseOver line instead of separating them.

If that makes any sense.

Seems like learning the code-stuff is identical to learning the de-bug stuff,...kind of like Metabolism =anabolism plus catabolism, i guess! Glad you fixed it.

Thread Information