www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A real challenge (asp.net)

A real challenge (asp.net)

I have been trying to update a date in a data base when a user enters a site using today(). Well ribeyed and eye were working on getting this to work but it will not, my sql statement is fine without the date feild, but when I try to update a date it gives me a syntax error. Anyone have a theory or a good source code I can look at to figure this out?

What type of database are you using? Databases handle dates differently, for instance SQL Server wants dates enclosed in single quotes, but Access wants dates enclosed in hash (#) symbols. You should check the documentation of the DBMS you're using to see how your particular DBMS handles dates. That's the best I can offer you without seeing your code and knowing which DBMS you're using.

well right now I am using an access mdb but I will probably move to an sql data base in a little while when I get motivated to transfer all the data. So I should put it in the # #
    what should be put inbetween the ## I am using a today() to get the current system date. I am saying label1.text = today() then I am doing in my sql statement replace label1.text bla bla bla, and that feild in the data base I have tested it as a date feild and as a text feild, show me part of an sql statement so I can see what you mean.

I am using asp.net not asp by the way...

Thread Information