www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My Two Wants....

Hybrid View

My Two Wants....

This is my first attempt at posting, so I hope I don't somehow manage to piss anyone off. Here goes: I run a Chamber of Commerce www.indianapa.com/chamber

I want to learn how to do two things:

1. Set up a members only section where members will have to use a user name and password to access.

2. Make online forms so that members can register for events online.

Where do I start to look for help?

Thank you,

DPH
    Share on Google+

My two wants
    1. People to post in the apropriate boards.
    2. People to search the forums, and google before posting.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by the tree
    My two wants
    1. People to post in the apropriate boards.
    2. People to search the forums, and google before posting.
    lol.

My two wants:

• Money
    • Women

You can get some help on forms HERE.
    For the "members only" pages, I wouldnt know where to start. Your webhosting should have something that will allow you to do that. I know mine does. I just don't know how to use it yet.
    Share on Google+

<edit>You don't say if you want to issue user names and passwords personally - rather than by members registering through the site. If that's so, and </edit> if it's not obvious from your domain host that they accept restricted directories, google for htaccess and htpasswd.

Don't forget to check with your domain host that they support htaccess before you go down that route, though.

As for forms, search this forum - and the web. Same goes for passwords and registration through the site - which is very much server-side stuff.
    Last edited by kiwibrit; 08-24-2005 at 12:50 PM.
    Share on Google+

Please continue this discussion in the thread in the general forum: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71113
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research
    Share on Google+

Thread Information