www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: the big red X

the big red X

I'm not sure if this a php problem or if it's just a web problem. I'm using a thumbnail script to generate images, but every once in a while, I get the little box with the red X in it. I go look for the image and it's there. I run the thumbnail script independently of the parent code by typing the call directly as the URL and it's there, but sometimes, the image just doesn't show up in the actual code...

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

thanks,
    sharyn
    'tis best not to get worked up over nothing

Does this happen intermittently on a specific page or consistently on various pages.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

intermittently on various pages.. I know this happens with other pages I've seen that aren't mine too, but it annoys me... sometimes you refresh, and viola! it's there...

Maybe it's actually your own Internet connection. ???
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

well.... it's a direct connection.. it's not acually over the internet yet...

Thread Information