dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review needed

Post Review needed

Hello,

I am a freelance web and software developer . I need some comments and reviews on my website.

My site is:
    www.sajjadahmad.com

Hi -
    The header's very nice, but the tabs should be larger and encompass all of the main links in your site. The Resources links give no indication as to what you will find there, and all of the Articles seem very hodge-podge with little to no organization into sections that'll make it easier for people to find what they're interested in. I'd put all of those types of secondary links in your leftbar - with descriptive section titles.

You should probably include a !DOCTYPE and reconsider the gray photo of yourself - it's more intimidating then the lovely one in the About Me section.
    [Also try moving away from table-based design when you don't really have any tabular data to display...]

Do many of your clients actually pay you online?

An okay start!
    El

I 'll look into it. Thanks for all the suggestios.

I am starting this thing so there are no clients who are paying me online. But I am doing marketing of this site and hopefully get the clients.

Anyway thanks.

Hi sajjad27s,
    Under Portfolio on the right side of the front page, I suggest aligning them to the left of that table & remove the colons.

Change verbiage like
    Giving tribute to this awesome
    to a more studious or serious tone.

Regards,
    L085

Site looks a little plainer than the one you have listed in your portfolio. Since you are the web master-heach honcho-big cheese for your company, you may want to spice your site up just a tad more that way people see that you can do a jazzy site up front.

Good Luck

content is just floating, no rythm of columns, font size is wayy too big, not feeling the aesthetics of the tab buttons ( they need more roundness and less choppy), your name/logo is also choppy...ditch the emboss on it too..other than that..good job!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnmichaels
    Site looks a little plainer than the one you have listed in your portfolio. Since you are the web master-heach honcho-big cheese for your company, you may want to spice your site up just a tad more that way people see that you can do a jazzy site up front.

Good Luck
    And some people are busy enough to where they don't do much to their site and let the portfilio speak for itself. I see there is a ";" at the end of "I offer myself as a;" and I'm not sure why it's there.

it need some arrangment on left menu ..
    and the articals not organized well ...
    and i suggest you write the articals and make the linke inside your page itis better.
    good luck

There are things I love and others I am iffy with:
    I really like the header/banner, it is great and the colors are catchy, but you should make your name bigger and thicker, a lot of dead space.
    I like the tabs, but a simple rollover to turm them that "X-files" green would be nice and the nav side bar is really long, and it doesn't need to be. Either move some of the links to tabs or shrink the font or back off on the <p> margins-tons of dead space.
    I like the columnar layout, but with such a nice banner graphic you may want to include some aspects of it in your column borders, that 3-D grey bar would be sweet.
    The pages are so very white, which helps readability, but is kind of boring.
    Love the content, I found useful articles...
    The photo of you on your intro page is nice, I like the border lines, you may want to incorperate that into the general layout.
    Overall I like it, just a few small changes would make it pop out and be stunning.
    Cheers and good luck with your business,
    -charlie

Thread Information