www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: How did you come to webdeveloper.com?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I found it via a search on google

20 55.56%
  • I found it via a search on yahoo

1 2.78%
  • I found it via a search on msn

0 0%
  • I found it via a search on another search engine

0 0%
  • I saw the link on another site or forum

15 41.67%
  • a friend told me about it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you come to webdeveloper.com?

How did you come to webdeveloper.com?

I'm curious how most of you found the site. Feel free to post if I neglected to include an option that applies for you.

I came here when the forum first started because I was posting at the html goodies forum and it closed and became this. Once a long long time ago I thought html goodies was helpful, accurate, and even kewl. :x

Quote Originally Posted by PeOfEo
    I came here when the forum first started because I was posting at the html goodies forum and it closed and became this. Once a long long time ago I thought html goodies was helpful, accurate, and even kewl. :x
    Exact same here man. Word!

But your account is from 07-11-03... mine is from 11-20-02 :x

And Mine's from 04, so ?

Quote Originally Posted by PeOfEo
    But your account is from 07-11-03... mine is from 11-20-02 :x
    I went to the old HTML Goodies forums back when I was just just just starting out. I didn't like it, so I didn't go back for awhile. Later on I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to, and I remembered the HTML Goodies forum. I clicked on the link and it brought me here. I was like, oh, new forum, mmkay, and signed up.

I was searching for an quick answer to an html question, and got hooked up . Thanks big guys for all the help by the way! PeofEo, you helped me a lot man, don't hold our political and religous arguing against me!
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

After starting out on HTMLGoodies and learning how not to build pages and sites, I heard of this 'ere better way of doing it. Semantics, code seperation, standards and so on. I thought it'd be a good idea to find a way to surround myself with web developers to learn how things worked, the do's and don'ts, and so on. At first I clicked the forum that was linked to from HTMLGoodies, but just as this place loaded, I figured this place would be no good because it'd probably be full of people that were doing things the bad old way too. So I went over to Google and had a look for web developer forums. This place came top of the listings so I tried some other search terms, this place still came top again. So I figured screw it, I'll give it a try if it keeps coming out on top. So I signed up and asked a question. Vladdy did his usual trick of being an arse and just putting people right off, and I thought, well screw this place if it's full of arse holes like that, and left.

After a few months I came back anyway, because everywhere else was just full of clueless goomers and I stayed ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by theuedimaster
    I was searching for an quick answer to an html question, and got hooked up . Thanks big guys for all the help by the way! PeofEo, you helped me a lot man, don't hold our political and religous arguing against me!
    Heh, I don't. You are actually one of mah buddies here, lol. I like all of the sr. members here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Herer
    So I figured screw it, I'll give it a try if it keeps coming out on top. So I signed up and asked a question. Vladdy did his usual trick of being an arse and just putting people right off, and I thought, well screw this place if it's full of arse holes like that, and left.
    Lol, how is Vladdy by the way? I haven't heard of him for a long time....
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    javascript.internet.com
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

i was searching mainstream boards in google and i found this forum.

I was reading an article on W3C.org, the WebDeveloper forum was mentioned so followed the link.
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Quote Originally Posted by rhsunderground
    javascript.internet.com
    Same here.

I was looking for a code snippet, couldn't find it and had to Google it. Remembered HTML Goodies and found WebDeveloper that way.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    beware the place where the Labyrinth, the Snitch & the Cat roam...

Thread Information