www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: photoshop 7 stroke to text

photoshop 7 stroke to text

I am a fireworks person adjusting to photoshop7. I am trying to add a stroke to text. I am sure when I first installed the software there was a button up the top in the text options to add stroke to the text. Now the button is not there and I can only add stroke by rasterizing the layer.
    Is there an easier way to add stroke to text? How can I get that button back?

I know this is an old thread, but since no one has replyed i'm making sure you got your answer.
    you can either click on the "layer style" button and go to stroke(the layer style button is the 'f' on the layers pallete) or you can click Layer->Layer Style->Stroke .
    hope this helps
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    "There is no spoon" - that freaky kid in 'The Matrix'
    "Losers go home and whine about doing their best, winners go home and screw the prom-Queen." - Sean Connery 'The Rock'

Hey THX for that I have always added stroke by going LAYER>RASTERIZE and then selecting stroke. Your way gives the full options and is better.
    As far a stroke button in the toolbar goes I am starting to think I imagined seeing it there as it's not there now and theres no option to view it.

I'm pretty sure you just imagined it, i've been using photoshop for quite a while and i've never seen it
    but glad i could help! if you would like some good tuts on some awesome things you can do with text in photoshop just let me know and i'll post or PM them
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    "There is no spoon" - that freaky kid in 'The Matrix'
    "Losers go home and whine about doing their best, winners go home and screw the prom-Queen." - Sean Connery 'The Rock'

Thread Information