www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need some basic help please

Question Need some basic help please

Hi everyone. I am trying to do my computer homework and am having some difficulty. If you know anything about JavaScript, maybe you can help or help point me in the right direction. Here's the assignment: "Write a script that outputs XHTML text that displays the following checkerboard pattern":

I have started it, but I start getting lost when you need to insert the document.write commands. It just ends up getting all screwy! The textbook is of no help, because quite honestly, it may as well be written in another language for all I understand! I also tried the website that the book recommends for tutorials but it is no longer in service! So, if anyone knows the slightest bit about this, it would be incredibly appreciated!!! Thanks :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you mean like this?

document.write("* * * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * * *<br />
    * * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * * *<br />* * * * * * *<br />");

(All of the above code should be on one line)

Smile

Thanks!!!

Thread Information