www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is downloading?

What is downloading?

sometimes althought I am not visiting a page or downloading a file, the internet light on the taskbar shows some activitise. I guest it might be something updating or something.

How can I find out what is uploading and downloading?
    G - M - B - E - P

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    you can get a download manager. i know that both opera and firefox have them built-in.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

There's loads of things going on while your online, programs checking for avaliable updates, time syncronising, your ISP checking that your still there so as that you don't get timed out et cetera.

Of course there's always a chance that it's some spyware.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Do what my sig says
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

I dislike spybot. I prefer adaware, which you can get on download.com... you can search for the download.com link at www.lavasoft.de but they do not distribute the freeware vers there anymore.

What is wrong with Spybot.
    I found it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Ad-aware
    Download Spybot from www.safer-networking.org to get the ultimate in free spyware removal.

FLAMING IS NOT TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM
    Dont Worry Most people have posted in this site and gone on to lead perfectly normal lifes

Yes you need to be e sure that your pc is not infected.
    Chris, Senior Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Php Programmers

Thread Information