www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you Convert .WMV to Flash .SWF with Dreamweaver?

How do you Convert .WMV to Flash .SWF with Dreamweaver?

Hi guys,

I want to add a video to my website and need a little help. By no means am I an expert but I've messed around with programs enought to get a few pages up on the internet.

I currently have Dreamweaver MX 2004 on my computer and know the VERY basics as far as adding/changing text and pictures and adding links/emails, etc.

The program comes with Flash 7.0 so I'm hoping that's what I need.

Currently the video I have is in Windows Media format and is approx. 200MB in size (Ya, big file) but I want to change it to SWF format and add it to one of my webpages.

How do I do this? Having the video streaming, is there a way to have it Pre-load part of the file before it starts to play?

Keep in mind I haven't used the Flash 7.0 program yet so try to give me as much detail as you can.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

I use Sorenson Squeeze to convert it first.
    Remember the Titanic was built by Professionals, the Ark was built by Amateurs! -- OWL Technology

Hi -
    I know you can import an .avi video & during the process, save it as a m.clip - w/ frames added as necessary. What's nice is that you can add a preloader on the main stage/1st frame of a flash movie that contains the embedded video/m.clip - then in another flash movie, have a button and empty movie clip to load the other .swf into.

That way, the video has its own preloader, no matter which .swf movie you use to loadMovie("videofilename.swf"); it into.

Good luck,
    El
    F-fox 2.0 :: US :: el design site :: 768 kbps :: WIN

Why
    Last edited by LeeU; 06-14-2006 at 09:09 AM. Reason: advertising

Yeah .flv is the way to go. In Flash Mx 2004 there are components that make it easy to add a preloader to your .flv movie.

Quick question.

Will this work in Flash MX as well?
    We are Linux, you will be assimilated, you will be liberated, you will be confused by our version numbers and installation procedures, resistance is futile...

Trying to optimize a Web page/site for a particular browser is like trying to optimize Tokyo for Godzilla. It's just not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by *******
    Why not try this? It is free to convert wmv to swf or flv.

I downloaded the *******'s Flash Video Converter and I have the problem of "error in analyzing" and the software just failed to work. Do you have this problem?

Send you files to support@*******.com to have a check.

Thumbs up

I think Flash Video MX is the most powerful tool that can convert video to flash

try it http://www.flash-video-mx.com

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish80ca
    Hi guys,

I want to add a video to my website and need a little help. By no means am I an expert but I've messed around with programs enought to get a few pages up on the internet.

I currently have Dreamweaver MX 2004 on my computer and know the VERY basics as far as adding/changing text and pictures and adding links/emails, etc.

The program comes with Flash 7.0 so I'm hoping that's what I need.

Currently the video I have is in Windows Media format and is approx. 200MB in size (Ya, big file) but I want to change it to SWF format and add it to one of my webpages.

How do I do this? Having the video streaming, is there a way to have it Pre-load part of the file before it starts to play?

Keep in mind I haven't used the Flash 7.0 program yet so try to give me as much detail as you can.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

I did this with windows media file (music)... I'm sure it will work the same with video. "Import to Library" in Flash and save the flash file. There's some other steps involved but since you don't know flash, it's going to be difficult to tell you how to do it.
    Last edited by Feechi; 01-10-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Try this Video To Flash Converter. It converts any video format to SWF without any quality lossless.

All those idea are not bad; try anyone to find the most popular.
    ----------------------------------
    WelCome my homesite
    ----------------------------------

i guess video to flash converter by geovid is the most popular, i searched google and it's always in the first 10 results
    http://www.geovid.com/Video_to_Flash_Converter

i used Dreamweaver MX 2004 and FlashFXP,add the video to web,first i used Flash Video MX Pro,convert it to swf,works very well.

Thread Information