dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: re: Website Archive

re: Website Archive

Hi to everyone.

Thus far, as I understand it, I make a folder, name it "archive" or whatever and place the contents of what needs to be archived into it.

My question on this is do I have to rename all the pages in the first issue to something like: http://website.com/archive/document.html ? Someone said that I didn't have to but then I wondered if someone was in the first issue and they clicked on: http://website.com/document.html that it would take them to the current issue rather than the archived one. Or is there something about the archived folder that keeps it in the intended issue?

By the way, the connecting element between the current and previous issue is a right click menu. I know that there I have to name it as "archive".

In short, what is the easiest approach to a first-time archiving?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

DanV

Is the archivable site essentially a single page? If so then rename document.html to something meaningful like 200509.html when you move it into the archive dir.

ray:

It's around 25 pages. I had read somewhere about numbering them as you suggest. I guess if you number them then it doesn't matter whether they are in an archve folder or in the "public_html" section?

Fang:

I put the link in my favorites and will be studying it over the weekend.

Thank you both for the replies.

DanV

It's around 25 pages.
    Then each archive could retain all the same file names and you could put them into a date-named dir like archive/200509.

Thread Information