www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Synchronize with JavaScript

Red face Synchronize with JavaScript

Hi,
    I'm trying to find out how to synchronize 2 different streaming media with JavaScript, but I can't find it anywhere. I need at least an audio and a video, coming from different files.
    Can anyone help me? Any tips, links, etc are welcome! I'm desperate!
    Thanks in advance.

PS: at the moment I'm trying with quicktime as the player, but it can be real audio, flash, wmp, whatever. Just with JavaScript for sync, not SMIL or something like it.

No one? OMG...

One more question, I hope it is easier... how can I change the video I'm displaying with JavaScript? I mean, I have 2 videos to display, but only one at a time. I want to be able to change the one I'm displaying if the user clicks a button, but starting from the same point the other was, with the get/setTime functions. And hopefully with no loading time during the change (like one playing mute on the background, and the other on the screen, and it just changes the one being displayed).

Thanks for any help.
    Jen

Javascript only works in the web page. It can't see the program that is playing the audio or video and therefore can't do anything to it at all.
    Stephen

Thread Information