for my first external css, i wasnt able to get background color working correctly...i did a w3c check and came up with the following error:

Line: 4

Parse error - Unrecognized : <style type="text/css"> <!-- body {background-color=#99ff00; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times}

I got these warnings...

* Line : 6 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:visited
* Line : 7 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:hover
* Line : 9 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 9 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h1
* Line : 11 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 11 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h2
* Line : 13 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 13 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h3
* Line : 15 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 15 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h4
* Line : 17 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 17 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h5
* Line : 19 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 19 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : h6
* Line : 21 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 21 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : p
* Line : 23 font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative
* Line : 23 (Level : 2) font-family: You are encouraged to offer a generic family as a last alternative : table

here is my text.css file.....

<style type="text/css">

<!--
body {background-color=#99ff00; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times}

a, a:link, a:visited {color: #006633;}
a:hover {color: #000000;}

h1 {font-size: 32px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

h2 {font-size: 30px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

h3 {font-size: 28px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

h4 {font-size: 26px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

h5 {font-size: 24px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

h6 {font-size: 22px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times; text-align: center; font-variant: small-caps}

p {font-size: 16px; font-family: courier, arial, verdana, times;}

table {font-family: courier, arial, Verdana, times; word-spacing: 8px; letter-spacing: 0pt; font-size: 16px;}
-->

</style>

Im not so much worried about the warnings, but I need to fix the error. Thanks!