dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flash problem....

Flash problem....

Greetings

I got flash file that i would display like a banner, but when i enter the following code to my page, it just starts loading and nothing happens.
    The page just starts loading, loading and loading, finaly gets stuck!
    The flash file can be played in windows mediaplayer so it should be
    ok. what could be the problem? I inserted it inside a table.

<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    WIDTH="130" HEIGHT="135" id="banner2" ALIGN="">
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="banner2.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <EMBED src="banner2.swf" quality=high WIDTH="130" HEIGHT="135" NAME="banner2" ALIGN=""
    TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </EMBED></OBJECT>

File name: banner2.swf
    Page: flash.html

All replies are highly appriciated.

Thank you
    Annoying Newbie

Hey Newbie,

I'd say that the location of banner2.swf is different from the html page location in which you are loading. Check the location of:

File name: banner2.swf
    Page: flash.html

Does banner2.swf reside in a different folder? If so, you can rectify by specifi\ying the location like so:

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="../Location_of_banner/banner2.swf"> - where "Location_of_banner" is obviously the name of the folder (or folders) where you swf is located.

The only other reason this might happen is because the swf you are trying to load is in the same folder as your htl page, but the swf is not named banner2.swf. Either way, your html page cannot find the swf file, hence the perpetual loading. Not everything is loading coz the flash file is not found, therefore, your html page will never be fully loaded.

~Chipley

Thread Information