www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Random Image with static URL

Question Random Image with static URL

I'm trying to find a script or a way to randomly display a group of images on a page. To give an example, head to www.junkylife.com and you'll see two columns, each with about 20 pictures linked to member's blogs. Traditionally, I've manually re-ordered these weekly based on bloggers activity, but this is becoming tiresome.

What I'd like to do is randomize each column so that every time the page is loaded or refreshed, the images are presented in a different order, however with the link from each image would staying the same. All images would need to be displayed, and never would each image be displayed twice.

Any ideas on what I could do here? I'd like to avoid ASP, if at all possible.

Thanks!

You could do this with a PHP script. Other server-side languages could probably do this as well.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    You could do this with a PHP script. Other server-side languages could probably do this as well.
    Not to sound rude, but I'm aware of the tools that could be used in order to create such a script, I'm more or less looking for specifics...

Then why didn't you just say that?

Why did you post this in the HTML forum?

Google is your friend.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Thread Information