www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: dropdown iframe not working

Exclamation dropdown iframe not working

I cant get this to work and I don't know why. I want the links in the menu to load in the iframe. But i'm having many difficulties...

<form name="dropdown">
    <select name="menu1">
    <option value="#">SELECT:</option>

<option value="blah/blah.jpg" target="black">blah 1</option>

</select> <input type="button" value="Go" onClick="parent.black.location.href=document.dropdown.menu1.options[document.dropdown.menu1.selectedIndex].value">
    </form>
    <br><hr><br>

<div id="floatframe">
    <iframe width="300" height="225" src="Old/black.html" name="black" align=center frameborder=7> </iframe></div>
    </center>

If you can help, please send answer or new script (in html plz, no css or java) to jordan_43_mhs@yahoo.com for a quicker response.

ok screw it. If anyone has a java answer that'll work. I need some help. Anyone?

Try using:
    Code:
    <input value="Go!" type="button" onClick="document.frames[0].location.href(document.dropdown.menu1.options[document.dropdown.menu1.selectedIndex].value)">
    for the button.

Notice the parts in bold:

<input type="button" value="Go" onClick="parent.black.location.href=document.dropdown.menu1.options[document.dropdown.menu1.selectedIndex].value">

And then:

<iframe width="300" height="225" src="Old/black.html" name="black" align=center frameborder=7> </iframe>

SRC and HREF are not the same thing. Also, give your iframe an ID:

here are how the two lines should be:

<input type="button" value="Go" onClick="document.getElementById('black').src=document.dropdown.menu1.options[document.dropdown.menu1.selectedIndex].value">

and

<iframe name="black" id="black" width="300" height="225" src="Old/black.html" align=center frameborder=7> </iframe>
    Last edited by konithomimo; 10-14-2005 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information