www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel Ads

Pixel Ads

Hi everyone, Can you look at this site http://www.freepixelads.net. I have just started this site.
    Site description: There is available 1000 pixel blocks (each 20x20 = 200 pixels). One of them can be yours to place your 20x20 pixels image. Just click on available (empty) block and enter your site details. After then your image will be placed immediately in the block you chosen. Your image and link to your site will be in our index page within 24 hours. After then the block will be available again. So you must hurry to re-add your image if you want to keep it in our index page.

What is your opinion. is it good following rules, that are:

1. 1000 pixel blocks. - They can be 500 for example, for quick page load.

2. Pixel blocks are 20x20 px. - They can be bigger for more ad space.

3. Each block will expires in 24 hours. Ater it must be re-added, or other can place their ads - it can be 1 week for example.
    So, what are your suggests.
    Thanks.

I'm just curious - what is the aim of this site, if you're not charging for pixel usage? Do you charge to republish the ad?

KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Getting just a days worth of ad space really isn't that much. I would change it to a weeks worth. Maybe a week if they pay.

Ok, Now i changed it to 1 week.
    Whats about the size of image?

I see two different sites used the same image. Is there anyway to change that? It could be very confusing to some people. I think one issue I have is all you give people is that icon space and if I was really trying to sell my company, I would want more space to do that in. I'm not talking just a bigger icon either.

Quote Originally Posted by spufi
    I think one issue I have is all you give people is that icon space and if I was really trying to sell my company, I would want more space to do that in. I'm not talking just a bigger icon either.
    Because this is free. Maybe I will add premium place where the advertiser can buy more space and their pixels will not be limited to 1 week.

I like the idea...looks like you are getting some visitors. I may be stoopid...I work mid shift and am tired alot, but your site says "Also we give you more pixels (20x20 = 200 pixels)"...did you mean 400? Besides that I couldn't find any real issues with loading or appearance in ie or firefox.

I accidently succeded in breaking it. Just added a site title and valid url but when asked for icon location i submitted "f".

The site is interesting.

These pixel ad sites are popping up all over the web. It all started here: http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

Then came the spin-offs: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

This guy at least gives the users incentive to visit the advertisers sites. http://www.pixelpayouts.com/portal.php

It's amazing how something like this can just take off. Two months ago they didn't exist.

Article: http://*************.com/?Pixel-Ads,...-One?&id=80827

How many others here have these kinds of sites?

Hello all,

Would you mind taking a look at my new pixel advertising site - it's like the million dollar home page, but it has cows...

http://www.milliondollarcowpage.com

This whole "pixel craze" is really a great idea brought to our attention by a very creative young man - Alex Tew.

Good luck all with the pixel sites!

I'm trying to put a pixel ad on my website PokerLizard.com similar to the one on t NeverWinPoker but I don't know how to have multiple links on the one image?

Yeah, Alex Tew is a genius. But Frankly, I'm already getting sick of the pixel ad sites. All those tiny colored ads hurt my eyes!

But I did stumble across this one that I thought was kind of cool. It will probably look amazing once it's filled.

www.parkyourface.com

I like it because they only accept photos of faces, no ads. And almost all the links go to people's personal or weird websites. Check the one in the top left corner, I guarantee you'll pee your pants laughing. Site looks pretty good, even though a couple of the pages are still under construction. Still it's a refreshing change from all those garish ad sites.

Not another pixel site

I have started a new pixel ad site, I know there are a lot out there already, and I'm not one that usually hops on band wagons, but after seeing this kid alex tew make a million it was just to tempting. My site is to raise money for a downpayment for a first home for my family, also has a topsites list. Located at Pixels Places

Please give me your thoughts and suggestions, this site is 2 days old

Thread Information