49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dreamweaver

36 73.47%
  • FrontPage

13 26.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DreamWeaver Vs FrontPage

Question DreamWeaver Vs FrontPage

i've never used dreamweaver, so i think itd be interesting to see which programme people use...

Frontpage, i know that dreamweaver is better but it is a lot more expensive. Frontpage is only really good for beginners now as it is similar to the MS Office layout. I code manually using frontpage as i can instantly see the results.

i use neither, i haven't felt the need yet

I use Dreamweaver MX2004. Fairly handy. I often work directly in the code window (especially when generating a layout in CSS) - if working in Design, then I check the code regularly. I believe the latest version is better at showing CSS layout - but in any case, I recommend checking on a server - in several browsers, of course.

I like the way it auto-suggests coding - and colour-codes syntax. HTML validation also seems good - though mine does not pick up any alt tags. I do a final validation with the w3c validator.

i use dreamweaver mx 2004, i have the new studio 8, to stay the least the new one is crap just a washed over version of mx 2004, i personally hate whatever they did to it, i use code view mainly as for all the other features except for the site management, colored syntax, auto-tag/function on typing are only useless for a coder of my calibur

Thumbs up

i use Dreamwever MX 2004 in both veiws.

The poll is poorly worded... I use neither, but Dreamweaver is the winner hands-down.

yeah Id like to vote for cutting off my foot...
    but its not an option?!?

If I was going to use an automated ide I would use frontpage because its has the most automation and its drag drop hacks.
    Perth Web Development
    Web Developer
    Perth, Western Australia

I prefer Dreamweaver, although it has many problems. As previously mentioned by others, I too like the code view's colored html and the automatic closing of tags. Additionally, I like the "clean up html." Helps me quickly fix those Word documents that overly "helpful folks" have saved as a webpages.

FrontPage proved bad for our agency in that it had too many options that allowed one person's error to easily change everything within the site.

KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

frontpage is an abomination (as with most microsoft products) lol

I just love the rediculus lengths microsoft went to with the drag and drop,

You can drag entire files of all different types into an open web page, it pulls all kind of whack stuff to emulate the files look, creates a million tables and cells to line it all up.

I like the save as web page option too, that ones a laugh code internal links with 10 digit unrecognizable id numbers, fantastic.

Waylander.
    Perth Web Development
    Web Developer
    Perth, Western Australia

Frontpage - when I want to get the job done quickly and painlessly. I love the open web feature. I have a site that get updated daily and love to be able to just open the page make my changes and when I hit save it saves live to the website.

Not sure what 10 digit number you're refering to Waylander???

However the Dreamweaver extensions are very nice. Not to mention it has everything from page color; to text color; to font size; to alt tab; etc laid out and hard to forget to do where as in Frontpage you have a tendency to forget those since they are "hidden" (talking from the design view perspective).

Love the right click options 110% better in Frontpage vs. Dreamweaver

I should go back to using Dreamweaver again and I could probably come up with 20 more things that are easier to do in Frontpage.

Sorry I'm just to impatient to work with Dreamweaver on a daily basis.
    10 REM Life was easier
    20 CLS
    30 PRINT "Life was Easier"
    40 GOTO 30

Oh yeah Dreaweaver is updated a lot more versus Frontpage. Might be wrong but I think you got 3 versions of Dreamweaver in before Frontpage went from 2000 --> 2003/XP. Dreamweaver is certainly more updated technology and feature wise.

Either way (unless the new Dreamweaver does) both of them stink because they don't make doing a site with CSS "easy" in design view. I'm referring to how much easier it is to do a tables layout in design view versus CSS.

When it comes to these two programs it's six of one -- half a dozen of the other.
    10 REM Life was easier
    20 CLS
    30 PRINT "Life was Easier"
    40 GOTO 30

Quote Originally Posted by poiuy
    Either way (unless the new Dreamweaver does) both of them stink because they don't make doing a site with CSS "easy" in design view. I'm referring to how much easier it is to do a tables layout in design view versus CSS.
    Funny you should say that, because the latest version of Dreamweaver has its own CSS panel in design view. It did exist in the 2004 version but it was tucked away in the tab of another panel.
    The following links are a blatant plugging attempt...
    http://www.stneotsfc.com
    http://www.ikonforums.com

I use neither, I use a tabbed 20+ language syntax text editor called Notepad++. But iv used DWMX and FP, DW wins IMO. Iv never had any real problems with coding html/css(when i started webdev i did ), except for maybe browser compatibility. I dont prefer IDE, but im sayin that cuz iv never worked on a huge several k lines of code project. Im just starting one now.

Thread Information