www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: gaps around iframes in mozilla

Hybrid View

gaps around iframes in mozilla

Hey guys,

I hope you can help as I am having some issues with my iframes. I have a website almost finished - www.litmusjournal.com.au/test.htm - that I have designed using Dreamweaver and basic javascript. It is working fine on IE but I have found that when viewed in mozilla a 4 pixel padding is being added around both iframes.
    If i reduce the width and height of each iframe by 4 I can fix the problem for mozilla but then the iframes have a gap around them when viewed in IE.

it's doing my head in trying to fix the gap!!

appreciate any help.

Guy Trowbridge

Hello,

Okay, first I am not expert. I have been designing for just over 1 year with DW, however. I have had the same problems, but not with frames. Creating a rule in using CSS solved my issue.

My concern would not be Mozzila, but IE. Mozzila is capitalizing on the browser market, but the majority of folks use (not me) I.E.

But, have you tried using margin: 0px;? Furthermore, why frames?

I'm sure a web guru will have a different opinion, and I'm willing to learn the alternative too.

Thanks.

you could create sperate style sheets for the different browsers... A browser sniffer could do the trick I suppose.

As long as you have the system down for what works on one vs the other it's jsut a matter of the site knowing what the user is browsing with and changing the code to fit that user.

Hello,

It seems to me the graphic is being pushed when viewed in FF. Keep in mind, you're not using a style to control your site. You are creating ficticious attributes. Use your style sheet: margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; etc.

I'm willing to learn the alternative.

Thanks.

Well heck at the same time why couldnt you just dump the Iframe and make it a layer.

Take the original graphic draw in the white space and with the right settings you can still scroll the info with the excess hidden.

Hello;

Layers, frames...yuk!

Thanks.

I'm almost ashamed of showing this site however it's exactly what the client wanted.

http://www.robsadventures.com/

Its basicly the same type of thing eatingporridge is after in his current design, however it's much more technically uptodate and doesnt use frames.

What was that mess?

he is a proud parent showing the world his daughter and that I do admire. Nice daddy, but not so good design
    Last edited by Compguy Pete; 10-20-2005 at 09:22 PM.

Goronnie,

I didn't say it was pretty... He said this is what I want, make it work. So I maded it work.

Now you'll notice I edited your post because personal attacks are not welcome at this forum and I understand your new hear.

I was simply an option your other please keep the other remarks to yourself.

Hey,

You're censoring my comment because you "thought" it was a personal attack; however. The comment was an opinion and there is a difference!!! I thought the site was not attractive and that "sir" is my opinion. I'm sure you'll censor this too!

Thank you for your brilliance.
    Last edited by goronnie; 10-20-2005 at 10:25 PM.

thanks Compguy Pete,

I will have another go using layers instead of iframes and see if that fixes the problem. I know the site is very basic, the technical side is not my speciality so I am grateful for your advice/help

Well if you can post the page and put the link up again, I'll be more than happy to take a look at that and help you get it right...

Thread Information